Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your computer to recognize, store and retrieve information about the user’s browsing habits or their computer’s.
There are several types of cookies and they are classified:
Classified for the domain to which it belongs:
• first-party cookies which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain.
Classified by its lifespan:
• session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser
• persistent cookie which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
Classified by the purpose:
• Technical: They allow the user to navigate through a website and use different options or services in it.
• Targeting/Advertising Cookies: They allow the management of the publisher’s advertising spaces based on certain criteria, such as the edited content or the frequency of access.
• Analytics Cookies: They allow the monitoring and analysis of user behavior of webs to which they are linked, to improve based on the aggregate data.
• Personalized Cookies: They allow the user to access the service with certain predefined characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal.
You can disable the use of own and third-party cookies by configuring your browser options installed on your computer: